1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Yes. I sure am, buddy.

You're super harshing my mellow, BTW.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Forget cleanup. This thread is a Superfund site now.

Songbird likes this.
  4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This, too, shall pass.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

We're good for the evening, I think. The only thing I care about right now is the mouthfeel of these chips, if you catch my meaning.

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just don’t like that you seem to think I’m some colossal failure at life, and seem to want to make others here think that. I graduated from one of the top five law schools in the country. I worked at one of the top 15 law firms in the world. I don’t want a cookie for it, and it might not appeal to you, and certainly it wasn’t the original path I envisioned, but fuck, it wasn’t easy, either. I’m not stupid. And I’m not an ambulance chaser.

Have I been a hothead here at times? Yeah, I admit it. Is that competitiveness a double-edged sword in my life? Yes, it is.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

No. Don't come to the thread if you're squeamish.
    Every day is a clusterfuck in DC. Any block on this vital daily forum, we'll take it everywhere else.

SnarkShark and QYFW like this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think TF thinks you're a failure at life.

I think TF has realized that if you come at him, all he has to do is make some sort of "small town lawyer" comment and you will completely lose your shit.

For what it's worth, Dick, I don't get why you're so sensitive about your career. Let me put it this way -- my own career is much, much more similar to yours than TF's, with most decisions made based on what's best for my family. (That's not a shot at TF, BTW.). There's not a goddamned thing anyone on here could say about it that would bother me in the slightest. I'm happy, I've done well for myself, and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about it.

Key, Neutral Corner and bigpern23 like this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, for god's sake, do not lock it. We don't need hand-holding every time there's a brouhaha.

bigpern23 and Dick Whitman like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Looks like he changed his mind.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Been out of the loop, sorry. Why did Whitman get fired in Chicago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.