1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, you boys sort it out.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If he did, it's nobody's business but his own.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus, man. Some people just want to set the world on fire.

QYFW likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He didn’t.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Conversely, I think YF tosses out the customary "LOL" because he knows it triggers some.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

FWIW, Dick, I can relate. My life took twists & turns I didn't expect either...I wanted different things for myself originally, until I didn't anymore (I realized that I didn't really know why I wanted that PhD anyway that I felt I had to get for so long for...reasons, and pursuing it would have meant living in a different city from my girlfriend/future wife for another 2-3 years, possibly losing her). So I made the choice that she was more important than the degree. Even though it was a huge sacrifice at the time, and one I had many sleepless nights over, I would not have changed that decision in any way looking back. And as it ended up, I found a different brand of success down a different path, one I'd have never envisioned originally.

My perspective, as random Internet person #233 that you don't know and frequent follower of this thread, is that your posts (while you definitely enjoy stirring the pot for the sake of conversation) are in no way "stupid" or lacking. I will find myself disagreeing with what you post as often as agreeing, but when I do, it makes me question the merits of my view, and I consider that a good thing. For what that's worth.

I feel similarly about TF's posts, again knowing nothing about the man other than what he presents here. Some really brilliant stuff as well. IMO, you both are better served by your posts on politics than by your posts on each other.

I'll return to lurking now, but just my two cents on the matter.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A final thought for the day: As much as some of you roll your eyes and gnash your teeth when one of these threads goes sideways, there's another faction that rolls its eyes and gnarls their teeth when you all get so damn Pollyannish about it.

I do not hate Dick, and I do not hate YF. We argue over shit, and sometimes we fight a little nasty. And it's no skin off anyone else's nose.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. That was Ditka.

poindexter and Dick Whitman like this.
  9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

This thread is perfect for people - such as myself, exactly - who lack the attention span to skim through Politico but still want the daily bullet points on Trumpland.

Iron_chet, Sea Bass, Hermes and 2 others like this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This place would suck without the bitching, but it's way better when the bitching is about a third party than when it's about each other.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

My career has stalled but I remain as sexy as ever.

Songbird likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Are you saying you want to talk about the other board? I’m down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.