1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offseason baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

OOP's going to blow a gasket.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He should be glad!

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He's an upgrade over Georkys Hernandez playing CF and hitting 3rd. Seriously that happened last year. Hard to imagine but he's the same age as Charlie Blackmon (who's on the upswing.)

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

McCutchen, on top of adding Longoria right after winter meetings. Just wonder what they're giving up, though.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My guess is Panik is gone, he has seemingly been part of every trade proposal they've made. No great loss there. He doesn't seem like someone who is ever going to be able to handle the grind. Aside from Panik and Beede, there's nobody whose departure would even cause a ripple.

6. HanSenSE

Teh Twitterez is nothing but a guessing game. Been there, done that when big news breaks, but it's gotta be easier to get the nuke codes than to figure out what the deal is.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Let’s put it this way: Other than Posey and Bumgarner, which Giant would you NOT trade for McCutchen?

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

Point to LTL.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It could be Panik because he's probably the most valuable piece the Giants can afford to part with but if the Pirates are dumping salary I some how think the trade will be for prospects. Panic just signed a 1-year deal to avoid arbitration. If the Pirates are trying to avoid hefty contracts it doesn't make sense to get a guy who could be owed not great money but some money next season or else have to let him go for nothing.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That he went to the Giants is out of left field. That he was traded is not. That was a done deal the moment they traded Cole.

The sad part is there are still idiot Pirates fans who defend Bob Nutting.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I see Nutting wrong with that

Sorry I couldn't resist

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted