1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That McDonald's spread is going to go cold at Mar a Lago tonight.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dreamers weren’t born here. They came as children.

franticscribe and Pete like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’m all over loading and unloading the dishwasher. Actually, I don’t like anyone else loading it. I’ll rearrange it before running if they do.

But it’s down right now!

Won’t drain properly, and the first available service call is on the 29th!

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The children of illegals, born here, are citizens.

Pete likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Ah, that's where my mistake lies. Thanks for the quick response. It's been a long week.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The planet you live on must be something. The Republican plan that passed the House funds CHIP. If the Dems want kids to get insurance, they should work with the GOP to avoid a shutdown. Guess they don't care too much about those kids.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Bad, more likely clogged, pump ... probably some trash — plastic wrap is a frequent villain —in it. Root around in the bottom, near where the grates are ... you might solve the problem really quick.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

1) Anyone born here is automatically a citizen regardless of their parents' status.

2) Dreamers were born in other countries and brought over without proper documents technically putting them in the same status as their parents. Or they came over on their own after their parents arranged for them to be transported to the US. In some cases, just put on a train and told to head to the US border.

3) The point of the Dream Act and DACA is to get people who a) didn't have a say in their status and b) are trying to be lawful, contributing members of society a chance to do just that.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's a whole bunch of crap. Clean bill. It's not that hard.

Enjoy the shutdown.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I have the same problem.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They do, which is why they are holding up the process for them.

It's President Trump who is holding up the process so he can get funding for the wall, the one he claimed would be paid for by Mexico. The Republicans control the White House and both houses of Congress. Good luck getting anybody with a functioning brain to blame Democrats for the shutdown if it happens.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Also, do the republicans even have 50 votes in the Senate? Kind of a key factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.