1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nope. Your side can't even get its 51 in line. Again, like I said, Republicans have no clue how to actually govern.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To be fair, they could put forth a clean CHIP bill, a clean DACA bill and a clean funding bill. All would pass with overwhelming bipartisan support.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is unclear that if there weren't a 60 vote hurdle, the Senate would've had 50 votes to pass the House bill. The 60-vote requirement allows eight Democrats, should they wish, to vote yes for political cover whereas if it didn't exist the power of party unity would likely prevent that, as with the repeal of Obamacare. Four Republicans have already said they're voting no. And of course, it works the other way. Now Republicans who when push came to shove might've voted no if 50 carried the day can now vote yes in the interests of THEIR party unity. The filibuster exists because it protects both the minority and the majority from the consequences of unpopular positions by their parties.

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

That's not true. (Putting aside all your other claims for the moment.)

Feel free to check out the running North Korea thread for more. I'll leave the light on for you.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Right. It’s a political dance ... and in such matters, it takes two to tango.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The vast majority of both the American people AND members of Congress want CHIP, DACA and a funding bill. And the republicans won't let it happen.

Shut it down. Trump needs to make his $100,000 per plate party tomorrow night. That'll be wonderful optics. Not that he cares.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I’m not a Republican ... haven’t you heard? @cranberry or @RickStain will bring you up to speed.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Your whole post was ridiculous, but this leads me to wonder if you're just having a go at us.

Seriously, you'd have to have brain damage to have ever thought this.

JC likes this.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wait... you can repair fancy-ass brown-water machines, but not a dishwasher? Dafuq, dude?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I watched every YouTube video on the subject, and tore the thing apart. It’s not clogged, so I’m guessing it’s the pump.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Senate rules exist to protect the posteriors of all 100 Senators. That's why when in January outside Republicans were urging their senators to get rid of the filibuster, the response was "God forbid." Be the same if/when Democrats regain the majority there, too.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Reeks like a meme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.