1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As well it should be.
    He demeans an entire continent as being a shithole because it is populated by black people.
    Lies repeatedly. About everything.
    Is so hopelessly ignorant that members of his own party have to correct him and tell him what his position is on policy matters.
    And on.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

By the way, Trump seemingly making a deal and then reneging on the terms it is how he conducted business for years. Just higher profile now.

lakefront and Pete like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The prototypes for the Wall are looking good!

Recent assaults by tactical teams on prototypes of President Trump’s proposed wall with Mexico indicate their imposing heights should stop border crossers, a U.S. official with direct knowledge of the rigorous assessment told the Associated Press.

Military special forces based in Florida and U.S. Customs and Border Protection special units spent three weeks trying to breach and scale the eight models in San Diego, using jackhammers, saws, torches and other tools and climbing devices, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

4. tapintoamerica

If Trump has defeated ISIS, as he claims to have done months ago, he'd better get a hold of the republican from Ohio who claimed on Fox News that ISIS was behind the Vegas shooting. Either they're not dead yet or Fox is parroting the Alex Jones crowd. Pick one.

5. tapintoamerica

I thought he was the greatest deal-maker America has ever known.

garrow likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

Now about that Mexico paying for it thing ....

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Question: The 25th Amendment defines the process for when the President is non-functional. Could we have an Amendment for when the Congress is non-functional?

Waiting around 2, 4 or 6 years to vote some of them out is a LONG time. The world is complex and the U.S. needs effective governance with decisions made a lot quicker than in the days when Congressmen arrived in DC by horse.

I'm not sure how it would work, but some process to encourage coalition bipartisan government sure seems attractive this morning.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, this is peak bipartisanship. The entirety of Congress is in support of ITFA ... the “It’s their fault!” act.

Vombatus and YankeeFan like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Robert Costa of the Post reports on twitter that some House members were bitching about a lack of towels in the House gym this morning and wondered if it was because of the shutdown. I wouldn't be eating in the Senate or House cafeterias if I was a member until this all blows over.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

CHIP can be passed at any time.

11. YankeeFan

Yes. As part of a spending bill. That's how programs get funded.

12. YankeeFan

Hey guys, I've been searching for the Executive Order that Obama signed to create the DACA program, but I can't find it.

Can anyone help? A link to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.