1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

It was hyperbole, although there were some fantastical claims about ISIS during that time. The point is, they were a major headache in the region. They controlled cities, they were spreading and they were creating a lot of refuges. Well, not anymore.

You'd think if Trump's statements were 1/2 as damaging to our image as some claim, ISIS would be stronger and there would be more attacks like the Orlando shootings. I guess being forceful pays off.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not unless they also got more Dem votes. Needed 60 votes to move to an actual up or down vote.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You 100 percent don’t know this, if for no other reason than no one knows what “this” is.

4. YankeeFan

OK. So, why doesn't Canada want to offer citizenship to anyone who can walk across its border?

Would seem to be the good thing for a welcoming, non-racist nation to do.

Unless, maybe, there are non-racist reasons to want to control your border and immigration process.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes, Dems care more about political victories than funding children's health care. On that we can agree.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

True.

The Dems are holding the healthcare of nearly nine million hostage.

7. YankeeFan

But, @Michael_ Gee told me there was an executive order. Are you telling me that wasn't the case?

How did such a policy get enacted if not through legislation nor executive order?

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Also bullshit.

Here’s the deal. CHIP and DACA are both going to get done. The overwhelming public and congressional support ensures it. It’s the right thing to do.

Now it’s just a matter of how many bullets the republicans want to put in their own foot.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Aw shit, you're right. I fucked up my math.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

She did it with Corey L. so why not? Both disgusting creatures.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

CHIP would be done now if it weren't for Senate Dems. @Deskgrunt50 wants children to die.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.