1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was told DACA would cost nothing! That dreamers aren’t eligible for services.

I’m not familiar with this provision, but it sounds like they’re trying to ensure what @RickStain and @Michael_ Gee told me.

If it’s true, what’s the issue.

Other immigrants have to demonstrate that they will not be a burden. Should Dreamers be exempt from this?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So if a breadwinner gets too sick to work, or the company he works for shuts down, and he's not making enough money to suit Congress, throw him in jail? Yeah, that's a winner of an idea, sure to help the problem.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, because Republicans are more interested in liberal tears than they are in actually governing.

Smallpotatoes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I ...

Are you under the impression that absent criminalization of poverty, they are eligible for services?

I'm trying to unpack what point you think you made without the answer being you saying something criminally (get it?) stupid, but I'm having trouble. Want to explain it again?

5. outofplace

Please don't blame the Republicans for a government shutdown, even though they control the White House and Congress!

By improving border enforcement, you mean funding for the wall. You know, that incredibly expensive project that won't work, the one that Trump promised would be paid for by Mexico.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. RickStain

It makes perfect sense when you approach the issue as "the problem" being too many brown people not suffering enough.

7. RickStain

Gov't to Dreamers: You can't get services.

Gov't proposal: Also if you fall below a certain income level, you're a criminal.

Sane people: That's evil.

YF: Wait, if we can't make them criminal, that proves they are eligible for services!

8. outofplace

Yes, and hopefully most voters in this country will have the brain power to understand that. I know the whole thing is more complex, but the simple answer is that the Republicans are in control right now and the government shut down, so it's the Republicans' fault. Simple seems to be the speed of most voters in the country these days.

9. Neutral Corner

10. outofplace

The Republicans can't even get on the same page here. Maybe if Trump had any credibility left, people might buy it when he blames all this on Democrats. But he has none. He destroyed it long ago.

11. Neutral Corner

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.