1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Usually I click out of these within a few seconds but I ended up seeing it thru the end.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really have a hard time believing a party in control of both houses of Congress and the White House won't take more of hit (Independents polled seem to agree). This doesn't even have to go three months, if it goes two weeks you will have a SOTU going on during a government shutdown - and even worse, no flyover or color guard during the Super Bowl.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If this shutdown marks the end of the shitshow that has become the SOTU ... long live the shutdown!

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And I meant to ask - anyone read the Wolff book yet? I'm trying to get a picture of what he was referring to when he said people have to "read between the lines" to get what he was referring to with Maher.
    Was it something like - in the afternoon, with Melania in New York, Trump would often work in the residence with a close aide?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Where is your evidence of Republicans being flexible on anything? You're just making shit up to cover up your side's failures, as usual.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My apologies if these comments were posted already.
    Trump's comments blaming Obama for 2013 government shutdown resurface

Here is what Donald Trump said in response to the shutdown during the Obama administration.

“Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump said. “I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”

He said that further down in history, “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

“They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington,” Trump said.

“So I really think the pressure is on the president,” he added.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Does this mean he actually DOESN'T cheat at golf?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Gotta be Hope Hicks, right?

11. TigerVols

Once again I'll point out that the Republicans have spent the post-Reagan years preaching that government doesn't work. It's pretty much been their No. 1 plank (sorry, @Qwerty) in every major election. So why on Earth do Democrats think the GOP wants to do anything to keep the government open, much less make it perform better? Negotiating with the GOP is like negotiating with ISIS -- they both achieve their ultimate goals by causing chaos.

I Should Coco and RickStain like this.
  12. TigerVols

Gotta be Ivanka.

/starman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.