1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Why not? It worked in 2016.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And great march yesterday, I was not able to go but very impressed and proud to see the turnout. (I did wear my shirt from last year!)

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That's not a story. It's a fucking tweet. Next.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Remember when Republicans obviously of course didn't want to deport or punish Dreamers, they just wanted to make sure that this was all done through legislative means to restore the power of Congress and not rely on executive orders?

I mean, we all knew it was a transparent lie even then, but it's always nice when they still feel forced to tell the obvious lies instead of steering into the open white nationalism.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Our latest batch of besotted bloviations has had me pondering this “white nativist base” thing this morning. I have lots of acquaintances from the old stomping grounds who’re decidely Trumpists, but who’re also in mixed-race marriages or have mixed-race children or grandchildren ... into what category do I sort them?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Combo of the military and football at work here. "Solve this shutdown or else poor kids may die" doesn't seem to be working as effectively.

7. tapintoamerica

Such people fascinate me. "(I can't be racist. I have a black grandson." )
    Love the phrase "batch of besotted bloviations" by the way. Ogden Nash and Spiro Agnew would also approve.

8. tapintoamerica

Haven't you heard? The Fourth Amendment isn't the Second Amendment. Therefore, it no longer applies.

9. doctorquant

One guy ... he’s on his second or third marriage ... married to a beautiful African-American woman from Philadelphia. Blissfully happy. Has two (possibly three*) daughters with her. Decidedly a Trumper.

*I’m not sure about the oldest.

10. tapintoamerica

Trump nicknames, ranked:
    1. Little Dickie Durbin
    3. Lyin' Ted Cruz
    4. Goofy Elizabeth Warren

I have 2 blank because I can't remember it except that it is illiterative and that it was my top choice until Durbin came along. Relatively recent, too. Not used during the campaign. Any suggestions?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

In the same category of the rest of them. "But the ones in my family are one of the good ones" and thinking the leopards you're voting for won't eat *their* faces is not some new or difficult to parse phenomenon.

12. doctorquant

So my guy is really all about “shitting on brown people” even though the greatest loves of his life are brown people. Fascinating.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.