1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Conference Championship Sunday: Blake Bortles' Date With Destiny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 15, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I haven't played a down of organized football in my life. I might be very wrong here.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The hand issue has been resolved. The concussion protocol re Gronk will be a long story.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What a great game to watch.

Hats off to the Jags OC who called for Fournette up the gut on first down for what, the first five possessions of the second half? For a net gain of 3 yards?

Put bortles behind the gun on every drive in the second half (until the last, when they passed and completed on first down).

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As annoying as another year of Gronk, Brady and Belichick is, there's one good thing about this postseason:

The only time we've seen Aaron Rodgers is in Allstate commercials.

Edit: meant Allstate

QYFW likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That was about as dramatic as could be expected for a game that was a foregone conclusion. Did anyone think the Patriots weren't going to win when they got within four at half?

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Satanic Assholes win again. Enjoy, Satanic Asshole fans.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

They definitely should have punted, for precisely the reasons you lay out. If it’s 4th-and-manageable, that’s one thing. This was not that.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I will say this: Win or lose, the narrative of Blake Bortles being an NFL joke should be about finished now. He certainly wasn't responsible for them not being in the Super Bowl.

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You also have to think that if you pin New England there -- they are just going to run three times, force all three timeouts to be used and say, we don't think Blake Bortles is going to drive like 60ish yards with 1:40 and no TOs to beat us.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, the college PI rule is a spot foul with a max of 15 yards. And an automatic first down. High school is 15 yards, not an automatic first down.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The eagle coming into the stadium at the end of the national anthem is about the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I presume the eagle did not take a knee upon landing.

Draft saved Draft deleted