1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suppose he can find less competent people.

Somewhere.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I see a duck. Did I do that right?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This took me awhile. What did most people see first?

I love these things.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hoping this provides some entertainment for the week ahead ...

Graham tees off on Stephen Miller over immigration

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we are going nowhere. He's been an outlier for years," Graham told reporters.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In what alternate reality does this person live?

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He and the wife seem so familiar, looking to see where I know them from.

I guess they have been talking heads on tv, maybe court tv in the past? Have not seen them for a long time. Ha, let's see how long I can make it this time.

Anyone know the blonde lady he is talking to? She looks really familiar too.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wife is Victoria Toensing. They were total Republican talking heads on cable TV during the Lewinsky deal. That's why you remember them.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Lewinsky was on the raw end of that deal.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

25,000 women are running for office in 2018 who have never run before. The previous record was 980. That's a real number.

Democrats have flipped 34 state house seats in elections since Trump's election. They've also flipped a governorship and won a senate seat in Alabama. A Democratic woman just won a special election for a senate seat in Wisconsin in a district Trump won by 17 points and even Scott Walker called it a wake-up call. A woman in New Hampshire just won a senate seat in a district Trump won by 23 points. The GOP outnumbers Dem registered voters there by 2-1.

The Whithouse is so worried about losing Tim Murphy's seat in Pennsylvania, even though Murphy won by 25 points, they staged a celebration of the tax bill there because they're worried Rick Saccone might be in trouble running against a 33-year-old ex-Marine in a once previously safe district. The reason Paul Ryan may retire is he's going to be in the fight if his life in his own district.

If you think people are just out snapping selfies so they can seem cool on Instagram instead of being really pissed off and motivated to check the power of this walking sack of fermenting corn nuts, you (but particularly the conservatives here so gleefully clicking likes on your various posts mocking these rallies) are in for a surprise come November.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.