1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

What is the point of electing leaders when a nasty little cuss like Miller can come in off the street and set immigration policy because his boss has no interest in the details.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't debate the president's true believers, here or in real life. Just not going to waste the time with it.
    You have 50 other guys here who will scratch that itch, try one of them.

Pete and TowelWaver like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Every time Trumpf speaks, it should be am Orange Alert

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What do Trump and Hitler have in common?

They both like to capitalize their Nouns.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think they are absolutely sincere, for the record.

I’m mocking the age we live in more than I’m mocking the participants. I’ve been known to snap a selfie or two myself.

As for the rest of it: We’ll see. I’ve been beaten down at this point. By Trump’s victory. But also by gerrymandering.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A Democrat hasn’t won a statewide election in Texas since 1994. But I suspect that if they got just the right Facebook wallpaper in place ...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The Post-ABC poll finds Democrats holding a 57 percent to 31 percent advantage among female voters, double the size of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's margin in the 2016 election. Nonwhite women favor Democrats by a 53-point margin, somewhat smaller than Clinton's 63-point advantage over Trump in 2016. But white women have moved sharply in Democrats' direction, favoring them over Republicans by 12 points after supporting Trump by nine points in 2016 and Republican candidates by 14 points in the 2014 midterm election, according to network exit polls.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I hope so.

My biggest gripe about the Million Selfie March last year was that it was a protest in search of a cause. That it was unfocused.

Maybe #MeToo has helped with that, to some degree. And I also think it’s a general pitch to women who voted for Trump that they voted wrong.

We’ll see. That’s as far as I can go, at this point. The United States elected Donald J. Trump as president. I’ve not picked myself off the mat about that as quickly as you have. Maybe it’s the hopelessness of living in a red state.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.