1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Exactly. I am.

And you don't know shit about women's issues. So don't act like you do. Stay in your lane.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No way ... only the right-wingers among us engage in personal attacks.

3. poindexter

Strawman.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who was fired and run out of town on a rail in humiliation, while he watches his namesake company collapse into pieces, Harvey Weinstein or Donald Trump?

/whataboutismiseasy

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  5. poindexter

Are you divorced?

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I assume there's a reason other than message boarding that you're being a pissy little bitch. You usually mock the guy you're being.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Exactly.

And yet, these marches were a direct response to Trump's election. The planning began soon after, and the first marches were held the day after his inauguration.

If Hillary Clinton had been elected, these marches wouldn't be happening.

Would women's rights not be as vital under a Clinton presidency?

This is all because the idea of a Trump presidency somehow offends, and even scares women, and because the leaders in the movement want to portray Trump as offensive and scary to women.

And, of course, no one wants to talk about how Linda Sarsour is one of the leaders of the Women's March, and she holds views that are much more dangerous towards women than anything Trump believes.

I didn't see any picture of signs supporting women suffering under the Iranian regime.

I didn't see any signs against Female Genital Mutilation.

The marches aren't pro-woman, or against regressive regimes, and policies.

They were purely political events, aimed at Donald Trump.

And, that's fine. Let's just not try to spin it as something else.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yep. Single dad. What's your point?

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It must stun you that Robin Abcarian can use her words to motivate thousands of people to act, whereas you can use yours to get maybe 2 likes on an Internet message board.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We seem to be marching rather far afield here ... @YankeeFan isn't comparing Weinstein and Trump. He's noting how ... selective is the passion and outrage of a significant portion of the Million Selfie March crowd.

11. poindexter

I can't stand mansplaining. Pathetic coming from men. You and especially the other guy.

I apologize for the below the belt comment.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, if it changed the response people have to these kinds of stories, I suppose that would be a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.