1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who knew that Don Johnson was singing about humans?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good answer. I think the celebrity of the accusers had a lot to do it, but the election of Donald Trump was a real accelerant to the movement.

Whether show business is more sexist or predatory than any other business is an open question. It's easy to focus on movie stars, or athletes or politicians, but I guarantee you women working as waitresses or housekeepers or custodians or cops or soldiers have had it just as bad.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Smart approach. I hope to see more of this, and less far left litmus test and the requirement of what amounts to a loyalty oath to positions which do not fit the office the candidate is running for.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

So, does the movement take off if Hillary Clinton wins, and her good friend Harvey Weinstein is a regular guest at the White House?

7. YankeeFan

Doesn’t look like the #SchumerShutdown accomplished much, if this is how it’s being viewed.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That’s nice. But it’ll go to SCOTUS and be reversed 5-4.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not based on federal law. Based on Pa. state constitution. Very tough for any federal court to intervene. Not Bush v. Gore, as it does not directly affect an election outcome for entire nation. And Bush v. Gore, remember, stated in the ruling it had no future application.

Hermes likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Come on folks, weigh in on how you think the Dems did with this shutdown.

It was supposed to be a disaster for Trump and the republicans.

But, instead, it looks like the Dems caved. It’s obvious now that it was they who shut down the government, and they got nothing in return for reopening it.

Are you pleased?

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Does a government shutdown ever hurt or help either side? We just freak out and then everbody forgets it ever happened by the next election cycle.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty concerned the base will rebel and vote for Republicans.

Hermes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.