1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tough to celebrate (or observe) anything when you’ve been dead nearly a year.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

lol. Only townies swim in the lake. But it's a great place for a beer piss, everyone knows that.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Watch and see how many Hispanic votes the GOP gets in upcoming elections. Plenty of people care, but they're the wrong color for Republicans to.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This little “brown people” conceit is beneath you.

8. Neutral Corner

I don't trust McConnell an inch - but the guy who has said nothing on this is Paul Ryan. Ryan can screw that deal all to hell and McConnell will stand by in wide-eyed innocence saying "I tried to get it done. It wasn't my fault!". He'll then snicker at Democratic gullibility all the way back to his office.

9. Deskgrunt50

No argument there. Get it passed in the Senate. And if the House balks, everything will be tied up in court until the Dems takeover the House in the fall.

In a perfect world, though, a deal will get done to secure the future of Dreamers because it has overwhelming support.

10. Deskgrunt50

Someone tell me again that Trump's constant attacks on the media don't matter.

At some point, one of these lunatics is going kill journalists.

11. Neutral Corner

The people in the DACA program did it by the numbers, all that was asked of them. They stepped out of the safety of the shadows and registered, They got work permits. They went through the process repeatedly. Now they're going to get it in the neck because they trusted in the government.

What no one is talking about is that the real number of Dreamers is around three million... the 800k number refers to the ones who joined DACA. This is going to be a huge mass deportation, and it's a Republican project. Yeah, I understand about immigration law, but we're talking about people who were brought here as children and know no other country. It's not right.

I understand that not all Republicans are racist, DQ... but the guys pushing this sure do seem to be.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.