1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't get this. Do you somehow think the fact that the plight of some other class of people in foreign countries who haven't been allowed to immigrate (for whatever reason, fair or unfair) somehow excuses the racist policies being pursued by the influential racists within the administration and Congress that are causing a nightmare for the Dreamers?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Wait, maybe DQ is saying we should do a 1-for-1 swap with all those other people who didn't get in?

Of course not. It's just the latest in another long line of bullshit ad hoc excuses to not do the right thing with regard to Dreamers. The only consistent underpinning to all this spinning is that fewer brown people end up in the country under all of the various reasons and rules.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How odd. I don't think deporting Dreamers is the right thing to do. Neither does anyone else of consequence.

I'm sure you don't. Making sense of the world is awfully difficult when "It's Selma all over again" is the only card you know how to play.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What'a important to remember if/when that Chekhov's Gun moment happens, that people will defend it with whataboutism.

Hillary killed Vince Foster too, you know. Her fingerprints were on the gun that was wiped clean, etc.

5. RickStain

Of course not. It's just so weird how that keeps being the endgame we lurch toward that obviously nobody wants.

Big Circus likes this.
  6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Murphy won this seat by 25 points.

But I'm sure those marches are just blue state selfie-fests.

7. cranberry

I was being polite, perhaps too polite. My point is that you offered a bullshit false equivalency as a way to avoid discussion of racist policy being pursued by GOP congressmen and influential racist advisers in an administration led by a racist president. With your head in the sand is a terrible way to go through life.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm terrified.

Hopefully, everyone involved has destroyed all the evidence, like the FBI agents did.

Maybe Strzok and Page need a no knock search warrant executed on them at 5:00 AM.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This is very hard to believe.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You ought to know.

11. cranberry

Sick burn. What's next? "I'm rubber, you're glue ..."

12. RickStain

Guys, it can't be racism unless it is literally 1960s Selma. Otherwise me and all my friends would have racist tendencies and that obviously can't be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.