1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Has Reuters corrected or retracted its story? Or are you just saying that Deutsche Bank is publicly denying the story and that we should believe Deutsche Bank and the Kushner companies' statements over the actual reporting?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Corporations are people. The media is sub-human and therefore not people. Always believe people.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey, who do we blame for this guy?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If they’re interviewing Sessions, which they were always going to do, then the investigation is almost over.

And, there’s still not a whiff of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

CIA director Mike Pompeo is speaking at AEI. He said Trump doesn't receive a daily brief like past POTUS. He prefers a "nearly daily" brief.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Actually, I heard a report on NPR yesterday with an Irish guy in Boston bitching about ICE raids on Irish immigrants there.

Sorry, DQ, gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. People who were brought here as young children didn't swim a river to come here illegally. In a group that large there will be sympathetic stories and scumbag criminals, but the group as a whole is not the horrible bugaboo that it has been painted as.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

I've watched Sessions weaselword his way through testimony in front of Congress. If he tried that with Mueller, he better not have said the wrong thing, because perjury and obstruction of justice are exactly what he can most easily be nailed for.

8. Neutral Corner

I think there could be a mound of dogshit two feet tall under your bed and you still wouldn't smell anything.

Slacker likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but he has also shown that he has a very bad memory when questioned. That's what's called for here.

10. Neutral Corner

Which might work for him... unless there is testimony from someone with a better memory, or documents have been turned up.

11. Neutral Corner

Anyone have any opinions on Trump firing the first shots in a global trade war?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's got diddly to do with what I'm criticizing your approach for. I'm criticizing the "the only reason anyone could possibly want thus-and-such is because he or she wants fewer brown people." It's bullshit.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.