1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Take out "anyone" and insert "some people with influence over the legislative process" and you'd get closer to my position.

I've been familiar with Jeff Sessions for a long time, and now we've got Stephen Miller in the White House with the President's ear.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Between this guy, and the Polish doctor, it’s almost like it’s not all about deporting brown people.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Wayne LaPierre, of course. Keep up!

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm sure that'll be a hit at Davos.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pull me up a link with some numbers and I'll consider the idea. This guy is getting coverage because he is white and the deportation seems unreasonable.

edit - I was talking about the Polish doctor, have not read the other article yet.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You didn't actually give another reason why someone would want to deport Dreamers. You just danced around with something unrelated and then swore you didn't want them deported.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's not *all* about deporting brown people. Some of it's about ICE agents getting off on making people lick the boot.

But it's mostly about brown people.

Double Down likes this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Sorry, catching up here after some time away.

If you think the Clinton stuff wouldn’t be handled differently in today’s climate, you’re deluded.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The question is whether there would be a "today's climate" during a Bill Clinton presidency, where the #MeToo'ers would realize exactly where all the #MeeToo-ing was going to eventually lead.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2015 ... Tom Cotton puts a hold on the nomination of Cassandra Butts to be ambassador to the Bahamas specifically to jab Obama.

2018 ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.