1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Most of the people saying "My ancestors came here legally, and they should have to too" have ancestors for whom the immigration process boiled down to walking down the gangplank onto the dock.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Korea to take US safeguard tariffs to WTO

Modi spoke about the threat of protectionism generally in a thinly veiled shot at Trump.

Indian PM Modi defends globalization at Davos summit

My personal opinion is that it's incredibly stupid and short-sighted policy, which is about what I expect from this administration led by a great businessman who doesn't know jack shit about business and economics.

One guy for whom the tariffs might work for is board favorite Elon Musk and Tesla.

David Robinson: Tesla seems unfazed by new tariffs on solar panels

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I can't decide whether a minute-by-minute account of what the Mueller team does all day would be fascinating as hell . . . or would bore me to tears.

Of course they are. He likes Slavic women. :)

"We're down to one more person we can admit into this country this cycle, Mr. President, and it's between these two applicants here. The first one is named T. Harding, a middle-age woman from Norway who's borderline destitute and also had a few run-ins with the law. The other is a Dr. B. Carson, a neurologist from Zimbabwe."

Think he keeps the brown person out?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If Trump is making the decision? 100%

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Let the lawyer answer:

The latter.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

I saw a stat back when the shithole comment broke that 48% of the immigrants from Nigeria had a bachelor's degree or better.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All investigative work is tedious beyond belief if it is to be effective. True in journalism, too.

bigpern23 and Dick Whitman like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's true. But those ancestors received not a penny of government support. They sank or swam on their own. Ate or starved on their own. Lived or died on their own. With only neighbors or local churches possibly available to turn to for help.

Go back to those days, and the GOP would be happy to let everyone in. Spending would be cut, cheap labor would be available, and Democrats would have nothing they could offer immigrants.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

We elected Michael Scott for President.

garrow likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yep.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Except for the hundreds of millions of acres of free land given away by the Homestead Act, sure.

bigpern23, Double Down and cranberry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.