1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Toys R Us has been struggling for 20 years.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Economy has been rebounding for years. Thanks, Obama!

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The times I have been in Toys "R" Us over the years, and they have been many, it does not speak to 'struggle'.
    The one around the corner from my house mints money, is always mobbed.
    But fine, let's talk about the report out of Davos today that American tourism is down almost 4 percent.
    (Surely fake, I know.)

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. How does anyone know that he created that account, as opposed to someone else creating it to try and embarrass him?

2. I don’t know how long Bumble has been around, or how long dude has been married/in a relationship, but isn’t it possible it’s a dormant account, that he hasn’t used since he met his wife?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Of course it is.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You do realize you don't have to defend EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE of conservative bullshit, right? Like ... you can shrug and keep scrolling sometimes and not immediately fire up the "What if it's fake, even if it's not, doesn't matter cause Bill Clinton" machine, right?

Or wait ... are you getting paid by a Russian oligarch for this? Because that seems like an amazing side gig.

melock likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Kids don't play with toys anymore. Once they turn 4 they start demanding iPhones.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You haven't seen the floor of my house, obviously.

Neither have I, since probably 2013 or so.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump's solution to school shootings is ... to give LEOs military surplus.

Also, he's "open" to the idea of giving Dreamers citizenship in 10 or so years.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Exactly. He has the power to declassify the memo. Why oh why hasn't the great patriot done it?

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Should anyone care, I found a Twitter thread that speaks directly to this issue. It's from Renato Mariotti, a former federal prosecutor who's running for Attorney General in Illinois and does a lot of talking-head stuff on the Mueller investigation. I find him a good and relatively even-handed guide on the legal side.

His overall take: He was surprised at first because usually a prosecutor doesn't ask for a sitdown with the top dog unless they're close to wrapping up. But in this case, he thinks that Mueller is going to restrict this sitdown to the obstruction issue, but it doesn't mean he won't seek to interview Trump again in the future on the other ongoing aspects of the case, such as money-laundering.

On a separate issue, when Trump just today said that he's willing to talk to Mueller under oath (a NYT story), Renato says that's relatively meaningless, because it's a crime to lie to the FBI whether or not you're under oath. He said the bigger issue to look for is whether there will be a court reporter or recording. If he was advising Trump, he'd fight that as hard as possible, because it raises the jeopardy for him significantly.

Anyway, here's the Twitter thread:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.