1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, did I mistype? So sorry.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How did Nikki Haley say this with a straight face when she works for Trump?

“A speech that indulges in outrageous and discredited conspiracy theories is not the speech of a person with the courage and the will to seek peace."

SnarkShark and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If the Nunes memo turns out to be specious and careless or willfully negligent in handling classified information, declassifying it would be another nail in the obstruction of justice coffin.

5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

Shepherd Smith, a lonely voice of truth and reason at Fox.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah I know this is getting play over on the Weinstein/Whitman thread, but I thought Sarah's Tweet is noteworthy, so I thought I'd save @YankeeFan the trouble of posting it.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

"Washington is gripped by Mueller mania because the White House and leaders of both parties in Congress know that Mueller has far more inside knowledge about what really happened than he has publicly disclosed, suspect that the odds of dramatic new actions by Mueller are extremely high, and worry that the time for these crisis-triggering actions may be coming soon.

Washington is gripped by midterm madness, most recently demonstrated by the aggressive, unwise and discredited attacks against the FBI by Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and others.

The midterm madness continues to escalate every day, because Democrats and Republicans in the House and Senate fully understand that there is a strong possibility of a massive Democratic victory, and a catastrophic Republican defeat. This will be virtually guaranteed if Trump refuses to testify, fires Mueller, or pardons anyone suspected of having committed crimes that will ultimately force Republicans in Congress to impeach or defend Trump."

Mueller mania and midterm madness

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There’s no big there there

After 10 months of leading the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation, counterintelligence official Peter Strzok had not seen compelling evidence that President Trump or high-level campaign officials colluded with the Russian government, according to a person familiar with his thinking.

That account comports with a May 19, 2017 text exchange between Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page that was released earlier this week.

“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there,” Strzok wrote to Page, his mistress.

Source: Strzok Hadn’t Seen Evidence Of Collusion After 10 Months On Russia Probe

11. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Which would make Trump's (alleged) obstruction of said investigation the greatest yet of his many self-inflicted blows.

BadgerBeer and Hermes like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

SSDD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.