1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Apparently it's not as bad as this. It seems Kurtz is just bad at quote-tweeting, and so he "re-tweeted" this guy's tweet by pasting it as his own tweet, and then followed up with his own thank-you tweet.

So while it's ham-handed, the sock puppet theory doesn't seem to be true. Sad!

BadgerBeer and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Howard Kurtz, the guy that got fired by The Daily Beast for lack of journalistic ethic?

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think he manually RT the original tweet from @TheOfficialABCD and then added "Thanks" to the beginning of it.

Trust me, I'd rather believe he's that big of a moron, too.

EDIT: Dammit, @Pete beat me to it. HE'S YOUR FIRST VOICE OF REASON.

Pete likes this.
  4. heyabbott

WHAT ABOUT VINCE FOSTER

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Conservative backlash: "Fox News BAD!"

Fox News hosts ramp up ‘deep state’ conspiracies

“The network is increasingly engaged in a misinformation campaign aimed directly at the American people for the purposes of sowing confusing and spinning a web of protective armor around the president, who is being investigated,” said Steve Schmidt, the Republican political strategist who ran John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign.

Schmidt, who is also an analyst for MSNBC, said he’s noticed a marked shift on Fox in the past week, as commentators have ramped up their attacks on institutions, like the FBI, once sacred to conservatives.

“This is not normal. Not healthy in a democracy,” he said. ...

Jennifer Rubin, a conservative columnist at The Washington Post, noted to POLITICO that the points being made on shows like "Hannity" and "Fox & Friends" echo those being reportedly pushed by Russian bots on social media.

“When they turn on a dime and begin adopting the same position as Russian bots and start attacking the FBI, we’ve gone to a whole new level of crazy,” she said.

“It’s almost like Fox has become the RT, the Russia Today, for the administration and the Kremlin,” she added.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Good audiobook listen for a long ride.
    I am so obsessed with this garbage lately that I listened to two hours of it this morning while painting.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Vince Foster was raped? That needs multiple investigations too!

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists moved their "doomsday clock" to 11:58 p.m., its most ominous setting since the '50s, and we're still having national conversations about the vanquished Hillary Clinton and Vince Foster.
    Maybe run a new play for once. This one usually goes for no gain.

Iron_chet, BadgerBeer and Double Down like this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

You're clearly on the spectrum, so things like nuance, humor and irony are a foreign language to you.
    It's not your fault if you don't understand. I've seen you do it before and things like "Dickie's act" scud over your head.

JC likes this.
  10. heyabbott

Chaotic, corrupt, incurious, infantile, grandiose, and obsessed with gaudy real estate, Donald Trump is of a Neronic temperament. - David Remnick

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fart, I understand what you are trying to do quite well, which is why I am so often amused when I see you fail. Sadly, this is not one of those time s that I find amusing.

Your response here is not only incorrect, it is offensive. It is disrespectful to people with real mental disabilities, including those who are actually on the spectrum. This is disgusting even for you and I hope you have the decency to express regret and learn from your latest failure.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just more #FakeNews.

The publisher of the Post was one of the hosts of the after party, and Andres wasn’t on the guest list, but tried to crash it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.