1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Huh. Just a misunderstanding. ... ... ... DEEP STATE!!!

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I mocked nothing or no one. Your behavior here over many years is reflective of a deeper problem.
    Now I'm done with you for the day. Begone.

JC and QYFW like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Secret Society or Deep State?

4. Slacker

They're everywhere. Better gun up.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm all for you insulting oop, but find a new one.

6. heyabbott

BA6C60B3-ED0E-4FCF-BD0D-7B724F7775B0.jpeg

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You mocked people on the spectrum, Fart. That's despicable. It's one thing to say something ugly, but to fail to try to correct your error after it was pointed out to you speaks to a lack of character on your part. I never thought much of you, but I actually find this disappointing.

8. Slacker

9. heyabbott

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Schumer just threw the Dreamers overboard, in hopes of retaining the he seats Dems hold in red states, and the hopes that they can win the Senate back.

“We believe strongly in the dreamers, but we can't just let that occupy the whole stage," Schumer said. "We have to fight for middle class."

Schumer’s to-do list: Fix DACA, win the Senate, manage Trump

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If it were Hillary or Weinstein or any prominent Democrat you would be demanding to be told who else knew and how they were enabled.

With the prominent Republican, you just throw up your hands and say no one has told you who else might have known and how they were enabled.

Because in reality you don't care about any of the victims, don't truly denounce them, and only care how it looks on your team's scoreboard.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I thought protecting the Dreamers was wildly popular, and had wide, bipartisan support.

So, why is this such a tough issue to fight on for some Senate Dems?

But the episode also publicly exposed a divide among Senate Democrats and created the greatest challenge of Schumer's one-year tenure as minority leader. His most vulnerable members, facing difficult reelection bids this year in conservative states, were unwilling to keep the government closed over immigration. Activists, meanwhile, were enraged, and some of them convened in protest outside Schumer's Brooklyn home.

That divide is likely to complicate Schumer's role in this year's midterm elections, in which Democrats hope to pick up two seats to take control of the Senate — but in which they are also defending 10 vulnerable incumbents in states that Trump won in 2016.

Schumer's gamble, at the moment, is that failure to secure protections for dreamers will fall on Republicans — and that Trump-state Democrats will be able to survive by tacking away from the more liberal wing of the party on immigration and other issues.

At the center of Schumer's challenges is his relationship with Trump, perhaps the most intriguing cross-party bond in Washington. While Schumer blames Trump for the impasse -- and some polls agree -- others squarely blame Democrats for the shutdown. For some, the burden is now on Schumer to find a way forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.