1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is the answer NAFTA?

Trump is on it!

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is your convenient excuse for everything. It’s intellectually lazy at best.

Pete likes this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Awesome. How about India or Bangladesh?

4. YankeeFan

So, more tariffs?

Trump is on that too. Just slapped them on solar panels from China and dishwashers from South Korea.

Maybe we should cut the phone lines on call centers in India. I think that would have near universal support.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, so if Weinstein denied the allegations then the Democrats could have kept his money?

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. FileNotFound

Sweet. Now if he could get to work on universal higher education and universal health care, all of small-town America's problems would be solved. Good luck getting the business community's support for ANY of that. If you're telling me I have to have my call center in West Virginia, where I have to pay people $8 an hour, instead of somewhere where a living wage is a sliver of that, well, I just don't know how I'm going to be able to keep the stock price high enough to keep my sailboat in the way to which I've become accustomed. I might need to be looking for other candidates to support.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump and his people have numerous shadowy meetings with Putin affiliated people. Immediately after those meetings, Trump’s people change the Republican platform to be pro-Russian, the only major changes they make to the platform. Putin affiliated troll and hacking farms illegally work to help get Trump elected. Trump fires the head of the FBI for investigating this, and openly admits that was the reason.

This isn’t some vague conspiracy theory. It was all done blatantly and with very little concern for getting caught. That’s the reason the shameless defenders veer so wildly from “it didn’t happen” to “you can’t prove it happened” and “it wasn’t illegal” to “it’s good that it happened” and back again. Of course he did it, they just expect to reap the short-term policy rewards so they have every incentive (besides integrity, which they’ve completely abandoned) to defend by any and all means necessary.

Pete likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

They'll end up returning it.

The dumbest things in business or politics is when the end game is painfully obvious, yet folks refuse to just make the decision we all know you're going to make eventually right away.

Dumb move on the RNC's part.

Inky_Wretch and FileNotFound like this.
  9. FileNotFound

Can't take "integrity" to the bank.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it is just the Republicans and other Trump supporters like you who are fine with other countries influencing the outcome of a presidential election because you like the result. It is you putting party over country.

Now if we have another election in which it is clear that Russia or some other nation used its influence to help a Democrat win and then Democrats failed to speak up, then you would have a point. But that hasn't happened, at least that we know of, so all we really have is you and other Republicans showing they are happy allow other nations to chip away at our our control over our own country as long as it gets you the outcome you want.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Didn't you hear? I'm your second account. Come on. Try and keep up.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SnarkShark and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.