1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It didn't contain an exception for fetal abnormalities, which is one of the primary reasons why women have abortions after 20 weeks. You knew this, right?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And Melania had taken all of Michelle Obama's good ones.

4. HanSenSE

But it's one YF likes, so it must be true!

melock likes this.
  5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Just watched. Stop clapping into the microphone for yourself, you buffoon.

My favorite though was the gestures to the Dems for them to applaud when he felt they should. Really captures him well.

It was also very apparent late in the speech that he was struggling reading. Might have been fatigue. No stamina! Sad!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

D or R, the SOTU is one of the most overrated things that happen every year (I realize a recently inaugurated prez gives an Address to the Nation) along with the Heisman, the Oscars, and any all-star game. A ton of ink is spilled in the lead-up and nobody can remember what happened a week later.

doctorquant likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

But did he ask about hands?

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Have all the Trump-haters pulled away from melting down on Twitter and gone to bed?

Just a "meh" speech. No new ground here of note.

I'll say this on Obama. I didn't agree with most of his policies. However, I always hold immense respect that he created his own global brand and, from birth to age 18, he had just about every disadvantage in society and became the POTUS. Bill Clinton before him. Reagan before that.

Politics aside, these rich kids who become president (Bush), try to (Romney) or have an eye on it (the nervous, jittery grandson of RFK) bore me.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I stopped reading the Clinton statement after “If I had it to do again, I wouldn’t.” Makes me wonder how many times she has said that phrase in the last 10 years or so.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

So, after last night's SOTU, do you think we are more likely or less likely to have a government shutdown on Feb 8th?

12. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I don't think the speech changed the odds at all. Compromise isn't doing what Drumpf wants in total and it's not doing what the Dems want in total either.

Unfortunately, both sides are stuck due to their financial backers and bases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.