1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

By the way, I live in Virginia too.

Discuss.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Paging @ThreeBagsFull for authentic military commentary.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Was this posted earlier?

Pretty embarrassing if you're a serious journalist.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Perhaps they should have read the whole speech before making up the front page. In other news Centers for Disease Control head Brenda Fitzgerald has resigned. Seems she bought stock in health insurance and tobacco (!) companies shortly after being confirmed in the job.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Farrakhan, the head of the Nation of Islam, recently made positive statements about Obama’s candidacy. The controversial leader has made many remarks that have been deemed anti-Semitic, including calling Judaism a "gutter religion." Asked tonight if he accepted Farrakhan's endorsement, Obama denounced those statements.

"I obviously can't censor him", but it is not support that I sought," Obama said. "And we're not doing anything, I assure you, formally or informally with Minister Farrakhan."

Pressed if he specifically rejected the endorsement, Obama said, "I can't say to somebody that he can't say that he thinks I'm a good guy" and that he didn't "see a difference between 'denouncing' and 'rejecting.'"

Clinton hits Obama over Farrakhan

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They should just use whatever front page headline people vote for via online poll.

Of course, then it would be, "We hate this paper!"

QYFW likes this.
  9. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the parallel be if Obama was asked if he "accepted Farrakhan's endorsement," and he had replied, "Who is Louis Farrakhan? I don't know anything about Louis Farrakhan."

Then blaming a bad earpiece, suggesting he didn't hear who he was asked about, even though he said Farrakhan's name twice in not answering the question.

Neutral Corner and BadgerBeer like this.
  10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Only the best.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Apparently, QYFY believes it is silly to think the guy who actually serves in the military might have something valid to say.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure, maybe that's the parallel situation.

How does Obama's compare though? He heard the question. He knows who Farrakhan is. He knows his views, and instead of denouncing him, and rejecting his endorsement, he tells us it's not an endorsement he sought or worked for, and that he can't censor a guy, or prevent him from saying that Obama is a good guy.

I mean, the truth, as has become more clear just recently, is that Obama liked and respected Farrakhan. He wasn't ashamed of his endorsement, or by appearing with him.

Farrakhan was a guy who was admired by Obama's Pastor, and who was given a lifetime achievement award by the magazine associated with Obama's Church.

"When Minister Farrakhan speaks, Black America listens," Wright said. "Everybody may not agree with him, but they listen…His depth on analysis when it comes to the racial ills of this nation is astounding and eye opening. He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest.

"Minister Farrakhan will be remembered as one of the 20th and 21st century giants of the African- American religious experience," Wright said. "His integrity and honesty have secured him a place in history as one of the nation's most powerful critics. His love for Africa and African-American people has made him an unforgettable force, a catalyst for change and a religious leader who is sincere about his faith and his purpose."

Related magazine, not church, gave award

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.