1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This post is like an MC Escher drawing.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Actually, scratch that. I believe I created Dick Whitman as a sock puppet to lament about getting a DUI, and then I just kept it.

3. typefitter

So, because I'm procrastinating, I just looked and saw "Dick" appeared in 2009. The 2008 election stuff you mentioned on the thread about JJ... That was another handle? He figured out you were whomever you were in that thread?

I honestly had no idea you were any of your other handles until recently. I really think I have a block about this stuff.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Thread jack: that book is wildly overrated.

Yeah, I can barely remember my one password here. Trying to remember multiple ones -- and their personas -- seems exhausting and rather pathetic.

5. Dick Whitman

Yeah, I mean, it's never that hard. Unless you mean to tell me that you don't know who @Slacker is, for instance.

Slacker likes this.
  6. typefitter

It seems to me like cheating at golf. You know you didn't score that number.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I thought that guy @GeorgeFHayek was pretty cool, but he always struck me as too dumb to remember his password.

8. Dick Whitman

When you are banned, and Rolling Stone commits the journalistic fuck-up of the century during that time period, you take drastic measures. It feels like when Ross wore leather pants just after Chandler agreed not to make fun of his friends.

9. CD Boogie

No you don't.

10. typefitter

Only because someone told me. I wouldn't have figured it out otherwise.

I have vague memories that you thought I was being obtuse about some connection or another, and I honestly hadn't made it. I think it falls under my general problems with math.

11. Dick Whitman

I did. And the board is better for it. One thing I never want to be is a tree falling in the forest.

12. CD Boogie

What the hell did you do with yourself before message boards and social media?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.