1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He wrote stories about Tom Brady.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

More of the best.

lakefront likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My paper is one edition. The early story had a "bipartisan" head on it. Story was updated right before deadline (10 minutes after, actually), and the head was changed to reflect what he had said up to that time. Newspapers have been doing this since forever.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I thought you were taking a shot.

*Carly Simon plays in the background*

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Um...

You forgot to log out and then back in, again.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Aw, we've all got a drawer with a bunch of mismatched socks and hope that the mates will show up.

7. Neutral Corner

I don't know what the line is, but when it comes to "The Trump Train hit a garbage truck", I want the over.

8. Neutral Corner

An opening was announced on the 4th district of the U.S. Court of Appeals yesterday, which includes South Carolina. Think he has the inside track?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, we aren't. YankeeFan can vote for Trump. Assuming Trump is on the ballot again in 2020, that is exactly what YankeeFan will do. He can choose not to do that, but he won't.

The bit about Obama is a joke, which I'm assuming you understood, but it makes the point that Obama's history and actions are far less relevant to the current political situation in the United States because he is not eligible to run again.

But hey, you got to clutter the thread with more contrarian foolishness. It's not like we can't always use more of that around here.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just got back. They're still north and south. We're good.

In three years, or seven, there will be some Dem running things. YF will go on the rails about him/her. You will defend this person. YF will mock you for voting for this unfit person. You will go, "Unfit? What about Trump?!?" YF will promise never to vote for Trump ever again.

How many times do we have to rinse and repeat this silly game?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Well, only a shot at journalists in general.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.