1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It doesn't, only over material government agencies themselves have classified. If Wray wants to testify under oath that Nunes is a liar he can do so in public. Hell, he can hold a press conference and do it (he won't). He just can't reveal classified material. Nunes is about 15 weight classes above his own here. I see a series of damaging news leaks in his future, climaxing about three days before Election Day.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Elijah Cummings twice wrote the transition team that Flynn was working on behalf of Turkey. That was in November. When it blew up that Flynn was working on behalf of Turkey in February, Pence went on TrumpTV and said it was the first he heard of it. Pence led the transition. Lyin’ Muthafucka.

Pence was all over TV saying Comey was fired because he mishandled the Clinton investigation. And that it was at the recommendation of the deputy AG. But in reality it was because of Trump and the Russia investigation. Lyin’ muthafucka.

BadgerBeer and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It’s not like they wanted to reopen the investigation.

They had to. And they had to notify congress because Comey told them the investigation was closed, and that he would let them know if anything changed.

He felt it was better for him to announce it, than for it to leak out of congress.

They also knew they were in a bad place, since the FBI had sat on them for three weeks.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In news from Planet Not Where Alex Jones Lives, attorneys for Robert Mueller and Michael Flynn jointly request delay in sentencing hearing for Flynn on his guilty plea "due to the status of the Special Counsel's investigation." Flynn is squealing. On what, only Mueller and he know.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

YGBFKM. She thought this tweet made sense, after that mess of an explanation on Facebook?

Does she have advisers anymore, or is this just her?

9. YankeeFan

Rosenstein testified that he was never asked any such thing.

10. YankeeFan

No need to ask for loyalty, when the AG processes it in public.

Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

Eric Holder: 'I'm still the president's wingman'

11. YankeeFan

This story has a couple of twists compared to the usual “politician has affair” story.

Mayor Megan Barry said Wednesday she had an extramarital affair with the police officer in charge of her security detail, an extraordinary admission that rocks the popular Nashville mayor's first term.

Barry, in an interview with The Tennessean on Wednesday afternoon, apologized "for the harm I've done to the people I love and the people who counted on me."

She confirmed the affair with Metro police Sgt. Robert Forrest Jr. since the spring or summer of 2016, just months after she entered office the previous fall. Forrest submitted his retirement papers Jan. 17. His final day was Wednesday.

"We had an affair, and it was wrong, and we shouldn't have done it," Barry said. "He was part of my security detail, and as part of that responsibility, I should have gone to the (police) chief, and I should have said what was going on, and that was a mistake.

Nashville Mayor Megan Barry admits to extramarital relationship with top police security officer

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

James Hodgkinson thinks this guy is a lightweight hater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.