1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That Declaration was usually a Fox thing. I'm guessing NBC will fill people up with Olympics hype..

This memo thing is just bizarre. We've gone from the GOP attacking Clinton for keeping possibly classified material on her home server, to the party actively defying the FBI's request not to make public a memo that has classified info in it. In less than two years. I'm guessing Paul Ryan really has checked out and is retiring - or figures he can clear out a lot of the riff-raff when they get bit on this. No way any Republican in Congress expects Nunes or Steve King to win a feud with the FBI.

The applause lines are so phony. I thought Obama's genius is that he could give a speech so powerful the hall was absolutely quiet as he relayed an anecdote or why he was proposing something. Remember, these Republicans cheered and clapped stripping health care from people.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Read her twitter feed. She has drunk deeply of the koolaid. She's very smart, she knows how deep the shit she's in is... and she could walk out of the WH and get in her 5 series Mercedes and leave, call Mueller. I'll be very surprised if she does not go down with the ship, which is a shame, because so far as Trump is concerned, no matter how much he likes her, she's as disposable as kleenex.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nunes is just bound and determined to be Trump's No. 1 lapdog in Congress. So it wouldn't surprise me if he's the next to a) roll over for Manafort, b) leave office early (voluntarily or involuntarily) or c) both.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Look on the bright side... releasing the memo probably won't do as much damage as Trump letting the Russians look at intel files in the Oval.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

At some point, we all knew, it would come to this ...

The long-simmering feud between President Trump and the Justice Department erupted into open conflict Wednesday when the FBI publicly challenged the president’s expected release of a contentious and classified memo related to the probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Let's get it on, bitches.

Trump-FBI feud over classified memo erupts into open conflict

8. Neutral Corner

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, it's really, really hard for Democrats right now. Has been awhile. When your primary argument is "they're horrible people, we're good people, and look at all the late-night comedians who agree with us" you don't have much of an argument.

10. Neutral Corner

It would seem obvious that getting into a leak fight with the FBI is a really dumb idea.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I would love the TV rights to the Priapilympics, with you guys knocking each other around with the massive hard-ons you have for this stuff. It's endless entertainment. Wonder if JR & The King would handle the commentary for us...

Fuckin' Bork.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Yeah! Let's go, bitches!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.