1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ron Brownstein of National Journal had a piece last week pointing out an economic anomaly. Job and wage increases and growth in general are disproportionately taking place in locations (big cities and their suburbs) and among demographics (college educated whites) where Trump (and by extension Republicans) is most disliked.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

ANYONE WHO THOUGHT PARKING MONEY IN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT WAS A GOOD INVESTMENT -- RETIREES INCLUDED -- WAS STUPID!!!

Why do you think people are entitled to interest above inflation just because they open a savings account? It's a low-risk, low-reward investment.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

For years I've been told all these federal employment and wage metrics are phony .

Was I misinformed?

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Why are you asking now?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call them stupid, but risk-averse. And, hey, that might be OK for them. I'd never tell my 80-year-old father to invest like me.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The workforce participation rate is still as low as it's been since December, 1977, and is exactly the same as when Trump took office. Remember way back when, when the GOP decided that was the stat that mattered when it came to unemployment?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Thus-and-such good thing happened because Person X of (or appointed by) Party Y did Thing Z that I like." And I'm the one who's "boring and predictable."
    LOL. The sj.com stylebook for the use of "proven" and its variants really needs updating.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Stupid logic. But you probably enjoy paying a fee to withdraw your money from an ATM. Negative interest, here we come!

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Why aren't you asking now?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think the BLS is trolling Trump. ... Lost in the jobs report they released at 8:30. ... The unemployment rate for blacks had its biggest monthly jump since November 2005. Over the last few weeks, Trump kept saying that black unemployment was the lowest on record, and indeed in their December report the number was 6.8 percent, which was a record low (their numbers are largely nonsense, but that is another conversation).

In the new jobs report, the black unemployment rate snapped higher to 7.7 percent, according to their BS measurements.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

melock and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.