1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

When did I say she was a contractor?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We're talking Rush and Hannity here.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I had a long drive today and listend to a rightwing talkers "take" on the memo. Just that Comey, Yates, Rosenstein and the other FBI types were involved in authorizing the Fisa warrant was enough to convince him it was a partisan witch hunt. He seemed to think these warrants were issued after the officials were removed by Trump. It was like the walls in "A Beautiful Mind" without the string "connecting" everything. I was more convinced it wasn't a big deal after his explanation, than I was before it. Apparently, any investigation of a Republican is partisan - and the FBI is only supposed to investigate Hillary Clinton. I think the $1 Million question is whether the info Steele produced and was subsequently included in the warrant was corroborated. The thing about the dossier, oppo research is meant to develop facts, negative stories that can be verified by independent news sources. If you just want to make stuff up, you don't need a researcher.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This can all be cleared up if the FISA application is released. But that will never happen.

5. Baron Scicluna

The "it's nothing" line is referring to the impact it has on Mueller's investigation.

The cataclysmic damage is referring to the classified info that was declassified. It's been declassified for roughly 12 hours now. What did he expect? Cities to be nuked within the first 10 hours?

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Certainly don't think it's "nothing." It didn't produce the result Trump wanted because it was misleading, incomplete and a total hack job.

But it will do lasting damage to the relationship between the FBI/DOJ and Congress. A relationship built on trust. And it does damage to sources working with the FBI who now have to fear being outed over partisan politics.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

None of that is new.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I took the national security danger as being that intelligence and law enforcement professionals will be less inclined to investigate or follow up on info that may be potentially damaging to the party in power out of concerns for their career.

9. Baron Scicluna

Good point. That too.

All of which, Q's tweeter hasn't thought about.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“But candidly, there’s not a lot there.”

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Catherine Wheel? Great band.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How many of them interrupted your president by telling, "You lie!" ??

matt_garth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.