1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That was something I heard after the story broke that Clinton paid for the dossier. Why pay for something that's made up out of whole cloth when you can always do that yourself for free?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Amazing bit. The Yahoo news story that apparently the FBI cited and the GOP is mocking was written by Michael Isikoff of Monica Lewinsky fame.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Devin Nunes might be even more dangerous than Paul Ryan right now.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's crazy to think that the Chair of the Intelligence Committee, who recused himself from any part of this investigation because of previous indiscretions like carrying water for the White House, did this. And is being hailed by colleagues.

lakefront likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

True, except that he isn't that smart.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Sometimes I imagine Trumpy and I are both hate-watching cable news together, on different coasts, because we can’t fall asleep.

I’m guessing it’s true quite often.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They're mocking it because Isikoff sourced at least some of it from Steele. Who was known to be credible, especially on Russia, but you know.

8. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Who needs Russia to interfere with the election, when we have Hillary, Obama, the FBI and the DOJ?

Vombatus likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

All Putin reasonably could hope for was for the president to be viewed as illegitimate and all subsequent elections and presidents to be suspect, as well.

We couldn't have been more helpful in this regard had we made it a Manhattan Project to do so. Congratulations.

America viewing the forest:

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yep. Democrats’ post election behavior has allowed Putin to achieve his goal.

And, they know exactly what they are doing, and how damaging it is. It’s why they were so insistent prior to the election — when we all expected Hillary to win — in having Trump declare that he would accept the results of the election.

But when they lost, they immediately went looking for excuses to discredit Trump’s victory.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So if a foreign government intervenes in a US election, the smart thing to do is ignore it? If the National Security Adviser is possibly a foreign agent, just ignore it. YF, it is Trump himself who's made the Russia investigation a big deal. If he hadn't fired Comey and bragged about why, instead saying "we want the facts out as I'm sure they'll exonerate us" this wouldn't be a story at all, just the FBI beavering away in confidentiality. Oh, there might have been a quiet resignation or two, but that's it.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Kasich working his base ahead of a potential 2020 primary challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.