1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The smart thing to do is what we do re: day-to-day spying and whatnot.

Plug up your holes and vulnerabilities (Facebook, Twitter, whatever) to protect yourself the best you can. If the voting machines were not tampered with and voters were able to get to polls in good order, then the people have spoken. Period. How they CAME upon their decision is really none of our government's concern.

And one other thing: Don't open Phishing emails that unlock the gates to your private shit. Charles Delavan's "typo" (is it really a "typo" when you ADD two letters to a word?) did more to influence the election than any Russian.

I'd still like someone to show me a single Facebook election thingy sent by a Russian bot. What does it look like? You'd think I'd be susceptible target No. 1 for such things. But I don't remember anything (other than the senseless election memes by my own Facebook friends).

There have been 2,190,760 (and counting) views of this thread. Has anyone changed his/her mind? Would anyone vote any differently in light of all the persuasive thoughts and links provided?

And maybe the really, really smart thing to do is quit interfering in other nations' elections. Makes our howling seem hypocritical to the nth degree.

Remember that saying after a terrorist attack, "If you cower in your bedroom afraid all the time, then the terrorists have won."

Well, if you spend four years investigating and discrediting results of your own election, then the tampering foreign power has won.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Vombatus likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They didn’t interfere to help Trump win. No one thought that was going to happen, not even the Russians.

They interferes to sow doubt in the results of the election, and sought to discredit both candidates. The fucking “dossier” is the other half of the coin, not evidence of collusion by the Trump campaign. The Russians used the Clinton campaign to get out false information about Trump, and to give it a veil of truth.

The Russians who were at the Trump Tower meeting were working for Putin and Fusion GPS. They weren’t there to share dirt on Clinton, or to “collude” with Trump. They were there as part of a campaign to gather information, and to discredit Trump.

The entire Jill Stein campaign and the “recount” effort was also a part of the Russian effort.

Investigate that all you want. But to paint the Trump campaign as participants in it, rather than victims, simply because Clinton lost, is bullshit, designed to make excuses for a terrible campaign and candidate, and serves Russia’s goals.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

With an investigation that began before the election and is being led by Republicans.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

deplorable

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The real significance, it seems to me, about Nunes' memo is that it shows some (not all) Congressional Republicans are perfectly willing to manufacture false evidence to support their conspiracy theories.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Link?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Wow! just wow, "now matter what you hear this week" just pay attention to this one thing. Says a ton about, well, everything. Our attention span, how easily we get distracted by -whats that phrase when people are overly offended?- and the fact that we take one little thing and make it more important than it is. People didn't stand when I (not you personally) think they should. Let us all pay attention to that as the bleeping American way is being torn down while some clown who seems to have put a spell on some of us, does it just to protect his own ass.
    (I am not yelling this, but I do feel better!)

9. lakefront

No but it can be investigated, just like the memo baloney, it could have all been investigated. Releasing all of this is just a big show, that can not be denied. If they are so worried about all of this there are proper channels. Do you want public opinion or do you want it actually investigated? You can do both but doing only one is the proper way to go. Just like being "tough' on things, do we want to do things the right way or do things that make us feel good but don't solve anything? But screw that don the con is in charge and he sets the tone. crooked don always was and always will be.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Trump currently tweeting about "Trump" in the third person.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You can’t back up one word of this with any facts.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  12. lakefront

Yikes, not sure if it should go here or the Harvey thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.