1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We have multiple examples from both sides of the aisle of presidential campaigns being approached with shady deals and immediately turning it over to the FBI. "Anyone would have done it" is bullshit.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Your memo bombed so hard Disney wants to put it on a triple bill with John Carter and the Lone Ranger.

Your memo is so skimpy Stormy Daniels wanted to wear it in her next movie.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Didn't the FBI and the Justice Department argue against releasing the memo? Why all the blame on the Dems?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Didn't say "anyone would have done it."

I said just about anyone "is CAPABLE" of it . . . if the circumstances are right. People are CAPABLE of a lot of horrible things they would never think possible. If a bunch of people in Washington "turn things over" to the FBI, it's because they believe they're being set up. Not because they're generally good, honest people.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’m not sure why anyone listens to a literal mother fucker, or so they say. People were talking.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

To tie this into what I posted. ... Joe Biden is full of shit. In the way politicians appealing to gullible people to get elected arefull of shit. Trust me, more than anyone, I think that the Joe Bidens of the world have hurt this country over time (and I'll have that discussion all day long).

But as much as I actually can't stand people like Joe Biden as politicians. ... he belongs nowhere near the kind of conversation I am having. Donald Trump, stands for nothing (except his warped ego and his perverted need for adulation), lives his life from one lie to the next (without blinking), is a blithering idiot who doesn't listen to others and is the loudest person in the room even though he is usually the least informed. ... and worst of all he is morally bankrupt as a person. With his bigotry, lies, attempts to demonize anything or anyone that tries to point out the truth about him, he's an embarrassment to our country in a way that I could never see Joe Biden being.

Just the basics. How about a president who isn't a bigot and doesn't give shade to white supremacists and nazis? How about a president who doesn't say something that is a ludicrous lie (and again, I am not talking about political massaging of truths) every day? I can go on and on with questions like that. ... But the bottom line. Joe Biden might be full of shit as politicians are. But at least he has always projected a certain level of dignity and provided a modicum of moral leadership.

HC and BadgerBeer like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nunes has now proven that he'll trot out any stupid shit he can think of if he thinks it will please Donald Trump. He is completely pliant. He's a wasted opportunity. A couple of smarter political types in the White House should come up with a better, smarter plan and let him be the patsy that runs with it.

No, wait... wasn't that what happened when Nunes took a cab to the White House and "found" some documents which cleared Trump?

Never mind.

8. Neutral Corner

There are thousands of them by now. #YoMemoJokes is currently the #2 trending hashtag.

Yo memo so dirty Manafort tried to launder it.

Yo memo so thin Trump combed it over.

Yo memo so stupid Betsy DeVos based an education plan on it.

If yo memo was a joint it would be full of oregano.

Yo memo so flimsy Melania wears it as a negligee.

Yo memo such a disaster that Puerto Rico sent it aid.

Yo memo so stupid it's like Trump had another son.

9. Neutral Corner

No need to even talk to you about it now. Maybe after the indictments are unsealed... no wait, this batch will be the obstruction of justice group. I guess you'll just have to wait till Mueller is ready, YF. You'd refuse to acknowledge anything we said anyhow.

10. Neutral Corner

Snicker. You're going to trot this out again?

Sorry. Not going to bite. I don't have to gather evidence, because we have a very shrewd investigator with more resources and better legal advice than any of us could come close to. I think I'll just have a cold beer and let him work, because you and I both know that there is so much stupid around this White House that a bunch of them are going to have to fight like hell to avoid prison.

11. Neutral Corner

Because it was Hillary and Obama's fault. Of course.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The FBI and Justice Department are now part of the liberal conspiracy, allegedly.

If this was any other country it would be obvious to all of us this is the groundwork for a power grab. But it can’t happen here, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.