1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Keen insight. But keep supporting the President who called neo-Nazis "very fine people".

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/wh...hodox-jews-warns-jewish-anti-racism-activist/

“It always boiled down to the same rationalizations, those used by [white nationalists Richard Spencer and David Duke]: Haiti and Africa are indeed shitholes, and Trump was right not to want people from those countries,” he writes. “Was it the majority of the Orthodox world? Doubtful. But was it a portion large enough to be concerned about? Absolutely.”

When trying to figure out why these views are spreading in the community, Nehorai points the finger at Orthodox Jewish conservative writers such as Ben Shapiro and Breitbart’s Joel Pollack, who both defended Trump calling African countries “shitholes.”

“Rather than Duke and Spencer, it’s these writers whose names you hear at shul,” he writes. “It is these voices that the average politically engaged and Orthodox Jew listens to.”

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please don't try to tell Jews what they believe and don't believe. I can have faith without being hyper-focused on Israel.

Then again, there are plenty of Orthodox Jews who insist that anybody who doesn't worship their way isn't really Jewish. They are kindly invited to kiss my tuchus.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How can 6,000 people be losing their jobs at Kimberly-Clark after the wonderful and fantastic tax cut that is obviously spurring jobs and raises and $1,000 bonuses and MAGA?

Gov. Walker has a plan, though. He wants to give Kimberly-Clark some extra-special tax deals to keep 600 jobs in Wisconsin. Maybe Paul Ryan will tweet about it?

Gov. Scott Walker: Give Kimberly-Clark Foxconn-style deal to keep paper plants open

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Do you keep Kosher? Do you keep the Sabbath?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When the market drops below 26k, 25k or whatever - do the traders on floor have to give their hats back?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump said Democrats not giving him a standing ovation during the SOTU was treasonous.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The stock market seems to be plummeting.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

See, fellas? Those Democrats are the real traitors. Not me or my administration. No collusion. Absolutely no collusion.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Snark, I'm not going to go point-by-point through my faith. I said a Jew can have a strong faith without being Orthodox. I never said I was a great example of that. I'm not defending myself here, but I've seen far better Jews than myself who deserve more respect for their faith.

Your post seemed to claim that only Jews who are obsessed with Israel truly believe, which is incorrect. It's just like Orthodox Jews who claim that Reform Jews aren't really Jewish. It's ignorant and disrespectful.

With all due respect, you don't get to define who truly believes. If you think you do, then you are also kindly invited to the tuchus kissing line.

Dyno and Baron Scicluna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.