1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. They allow for differences in interpretation, which suggests that other differences are on the table.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This really isn't a Trump thing considering he's the third President to have to deal with Afghanistan, but considering all they buzz The Post is getting regarding the Pentagon Papers, I'm kind of surprised people still think we can "win" in Afghanistan. The history doesn't support it.
    I could see the U.S. keeping a base in the country, responding to situations as they develop, undertake missions as intelligence comes down, but I doubt we ever walk away.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

All right. I think I get what your issue is here.

Is your issue with my use of “true believers” in my original post? That was kinda tongue-in-cheek.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

One aside in this whole religious discussion ... The idea some of these end-of-times types have that they’re going to breed some perfect cow and force the Revelation is comical (to me). Let’s see here ... you believe in an all-powerful entity who created the universe yet whose hands can be tied by your wizardry with animal husbandry. Hmmmmm ...

HC and Hermes like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If that is/was true, this could have been addressed a lot sooner, though the mini-holy war hasn't been a bad tangent.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nope. As long as they aren't using our religion to harm others, it's none of my business what they do. I leave it up to God to decide if everyone is following his word or not. And I would like to think God has some perspective and knows that everyone isn't perfect either.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's a director at Whitman Insight Strategies.

Just thought I'd point that out.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.