1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Just a general question, to be honest, I am skipping over most of the religion talk. But how can---and does---any group sick to the rules of their religion and to the things their "books' say? I see religious people as picking and choosing what they want to follow and of course using certain parts,and their interpretation, against others and how they live.

2. lakefront

But of course he introduced that word by saying "someone said" it. It is his favorite way to introduce some of his controversial opinions, someone else said it not him and hey audience, don't we all agree with that?
    Would love to see a montage of that.

3. lakefront

and he gets no pass on it, he has been told that he is the president and he should not be "joking" like this. He has been told many things and a year in the honeymoon period is over. Full responsibility. (of course he has never done that in his whole pathetic life)

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cafeteriaism is the world's biggest religion. It even allows people to ignore the universal Golden Rule.

SnarkShark and lakefront like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Everyone wants to talk about the treasonous comments, but no one wants to talk about how polite Trump is. He's going to send a thank you note to Florida congressman Al Lawson!

In fact, there was one guy -- when I said the lowest African-American unemployment, he was sort of clapping -- like, who was that guy? He's a nice guy. I think he's a Reverend, and he was -- I wouldn't say it was exactly a rousing -- but he was putting his hands together.

And I want to find out who he is. I'm going to send him a letter of thank you. And he was probably severely reprimanded -- don't you think, Rob? I think so -- because he was the only one.

Trump Says He'll Send Thank-You Note to 'Nice' Democrat Who Clapped at SOTU

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL, no. What a fucking asshole.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lol, no. Hitler liked dogs. What a fucking asshole.

8. lakefront

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Biff Tannen's sense of "humor."

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump's sense of humor reminds me of a doddering old man, mixed with The Chive and people who watch videos of homeless people fighting for $20.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

A backpacker is traveling through Ireland when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in a nearby pub. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the backpacker and says in a thick Irish accent:

"You see this bar? I built this bar with my own bare hands. I cut down every tree and made the lumber myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me McGreggor the bar builder? No."

He continued "Do you see that stone wall out there? I built that wall with my own bare hands. I found every stone and placed them just right through the rain and the mud, but do they call me McGreggor the wall builder? No."

"Do ya see that pier out there on the lake? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me McGreggor the pier builder? No."

"But ya fuck one goat..."

Trump fucks a lot of goats.

HanSenSE, Pete and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He's Philip Seymour Hoffman in 'Scent of a Woman.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.