1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My friends who were ranting about the pussification of football after Brandin Cooks got his clock cleaned [/crossthread] also love The Chive.

Maybe I need better friends.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

With the caveat, that like everything else, Trump as Republican skews this data point.

3. Guy_Incognito

This is true for both demographic reasons - more religious (your religion plays a dominant role in your life) people have more children, and keep the next generation within the fold at higher rates.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I blame @Donny in his element for dropping the ball on this one

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  5. Guy_Incognito

I don't think he was claiming to speak for everyone, but the generalization is accurate as much as a generalization can be.
    I'm pretty confident that there's no one who puts it that way, but I'm happy to discuss off line if you want.

6. Guy_Incognito

Who exactly was Moses arguing with? Which ones did he suggest not keeping?

7. Guy_Incognito

All except the last are fringe views by minuscule fractions of the Ultra-Orthodox world. The last is a rule mandating separate seating. Synagogue design is flexible within certain guidelines.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think Moses was probably pretty happy with the first 10.

I'm not sure everyone was so sanguine.

That's how we got another 603.

9. Guy_Incognito

All (yes, I think I can say all) Orthodox Jews believe that your level of observance has zero effect on your Jewish status. I'm confident that literally no one would say that if you don't observe X commandment, you aren't Jewish- except as metaphor.

10. Guy_Incognito

You ARE Jewish, you're just not doing it very well.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Back in the summer, I saw this older guy - in his 60s - wearing a Chive tee. I wonder how some people managed to hang onto the fratbro mindset long after even their children were too old to be one.

12. Guy_Incognito

God is neither male nor female - God has no corporeal form. Every Hebrew noun is gendered - chair, umbrella, house, Mexico etc. Most words for God are masculine nouns. there are also a minority of feminine words, which Kabbalah embraces to discuss a feminine aspect to God's personality as it were. Our relationships with God are sometimes gendered and sometimes not. This is not simple stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.