1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of your dishonest generalizations, QYFY, you just gave us yet another one.

Hell, you're a hypocrite. YankeeFan is a hypocrite. You are the two loudest Republican voices on this board, yet I still don't call all Republicans hypocrites.

Plenty of Republican politicians have demonstrated their hypocrisy over the years, yet I don't call all Republicans hypocrites.

We all have our moments, but doesn't posting with such dishonesty so consistently become exhausting for you?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any possible witness to the House Intelligence Committee is now aware its chairman will distort information presented to it, meaning selective leaks of secret testimony to make you, the witness, look bad are likely. Bannon has also said he will answer anything if questioned by Mueller. Mueller can put his ass in jail and Devin Nunes cannot. Bannon at least has hired competent counsel.

5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

Mueller is set to interview Bannon next week. I find it very interesting that Bannon, Priebus, and McGahn all share the same attorney. If one of them decides to/is forced to flip, do the others as well?

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Page and Trump deny that Page spoke with Stephanopoulos

Trump said he heard that the little Greek is fake and if you don’t believe POTUS you are a traitor

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Make a deal!

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That might reflect who you hang out with. I would expect the numbers to be pretty even.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'll admit that the details and players get a little fuzzy after awhile, but I don't *think* any of those guys have too much stink on them. Part of Trump's mental illness is that he delights in pitting factions of underlings against each other. Bannon is one of the weirdo internet proto-fascists. Priebus and McGahn were establishment Republicans more or less.

There was a whole different faction that was actively working to sell out American foreign policy to Kremlin-aligned Russian friends and connections in exchange for election help and personal favors.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Some people(tm, @potus) say that Bannon backed out at the request of Mueller, because Mueller doesn't want the sham intelligence committees mucking things up.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Or he was in meetings with the President, but never spoke to him. Or he lied to the audience to appear more influential and successful than he was, which is something he has done in the past. His statement to Stephanopoulus is nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.