1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't think it will cause as many deaths as the tax cut or anything horrible like that. But don't let me interrupt the regularly scheduled freakout. As you were.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

As long we give pride of place in the parade to the Kurdish militias - waving the flag of the PKK, of course - I'm fine with it.

I'd also be happy with our Afghan warlord friends and their personal child slaves but you know. Sigh. Political correctness.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Pentagon can get this military parade ready by May Day, so that it can be done properly. Maybe Putin can supply some drill sergeants to teach our troops to goose step.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If we won the wars against ISIS and in Iraq and Afghanistan, why are we still in Syria and those other two countries. The idea of US military triumphalism right now is a bad joke. I'd be up for a parade if they held in on May 8 commemorate Appomattox and marched down the main streets of Richmond,

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What happened in Syria?

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You can dream.

7. Michael_ Gee

We are still in Syria chasing ISIS, which as has been reported and was predicted, has given up its dream of territory holding and will now morph into another terrorist brand name.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ben Shapiro isn’t a “Trumpist”.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was thinking Memorial Day or Veterans Day. Or are those parades different?

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I thought we told the powers that be in Syria to knock it off. They didn't listen? Wasn't there a line?

11. Michael_ Gee

Good Q, be mad there isn't another Middle East quagmire where Americans can die for no good reason and no chance of success. Two isn't enough. We need more.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Didn't the previous president remove all the troops? I swear I heard him say something like that.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.