1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I know you're basically a nihilist at this point, but the whole "Everybody sucks the exact same amount" thing is a weird way of looking at the world.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a rule somewhere that says beautiful military parades cannot be spoiled by a crappy anthem. ;)

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, @Steak Snabler posted this video first.

No idea if it’s 100 percent real. If it’s not, excellent video work.

If it’s real, he’s balder than I guessed.

Certainly don’t care about that. But it speaks to his vanity and cheapness. Dear lord, man, you’ve got money. Pay for some good hair work instead of this ridiculous comb-over.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm the exact opposite of a nihilist. I think our country and its institutions are strong enough to survive bad presidencies. The people who think they're not are the bitter asshole who WANT everything to be as bad as possible so they can point fingers and wallow. If I'm a nihilist, what does that make folks whose reaction to a hypothetical parade -- which will never happen -- is talking about SCOTUS justices being assassinated and elections being suspended. I feel much better on my side of the fence.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. typefitter

I don't understand how he can be bald on the very back of his head.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can't wait for all the Lex Luthor references. He wants to destroy the world, too!

7. typefitter

But what about people who are just pointing out that a giant military parade is a bad idea? Lumping them in with the over-staters—who absolutely do exist—is the same as saying that all Republicans love Trump. It's a weird generalization that you're making every time you do this.

Also, the Pentagon, according to the Pentagon, is reviewing potential dates. So... it might happen. Unless enough people speak out about it.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I just don't get your approach sometimes. Which is fine. People think differently.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So is DUII.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the piss-cotton candy paint on what’s left of his real hair killed off live folicles?

Or the vid is fake

10. typefitter

That seems like it would be hard to fake, but I have no idea if that's true or not. If it's real, I'd say he almost looks as though he's been burned at some point, or he has some scarring back there. It's just a very weird place to lose your hair.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It’s a ludicrous idea, primarily because it would be a logistical nightmare. But I don’t think it’s the end of the world — figuratively and literally — if it took place.

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Technically there is only one requirement to be a Muslim and that is to recite, "“There is no true god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God”.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.