1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Link?

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have essentially checked out of partisan politics, completely, at this point. Part of it is Trump wearing me down. Part of it is the opposition to Trump wearing me down. It's just not worth the aggravation. I guess that means he wins. But I kind of win, too, because I get to watch games instead.

3. doctorquant

These private institutions, even stipulating their rapaciousness ... how many guys with guns do they have to force others to do things their way?

YankeeFan and SpeedTchr like this.
  4. doctorquant

That's your privilege talking ... so I am told.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is an interesting theory. Don't question or criticize the dear leader, otherwise he'll get what he wants!

So now not clapping is treasonous, he's asking for military parades reminiscent of dictators, and don't dare criticize. Criticizing is counterproductive!

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Did Wall Street need a single gun to rob Americans of trillions of dollars in the crash of 2008?

While I understand the philosophical argument for "smaller" government based on government's unique ability to compel compliance, I think conservatives often argue the point out of both sides of their mouths.

Law and order, and a strong military with a gigantic defense budget. But now government has all those guns and can tell us what to do.

Not sure how seriously to take that.

Maybe we just need better politicians.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, he isn't the only Trump supporter here and he had to be prompted to say it. (Perhaps he really did post it earlier. That is his claim, but YankeeFan doesn't have much credibility.)

8. outofplace

YankeeFan's delusional solution to everything is to give Republicans whatever they want.

9. outofplace

Actually, there is some of both, but it does seem that the noogies are a much higher priority.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It’s not hard to understand. They want to be the men with guns and they want those guns pointed exclusively at non-white people.

11. doctorquant

Begging the question ... dozens of 'em, actually.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. Criticize all you want.

2. If you choose to critcize an effort to honor the military, don’t be surprised if there’s a political price to pay.

iii. My understanding is that the parade be referenced, which he wanted this parade based on, was the one he attended in France, which isn’t a dictatorship last I checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.