1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No. I have a lot of admiration for McCain, even if I have often been disappointed when his votes did not match his rhetoric.

The point is that Megan McCain has no idea what the difference is between her father's situation and that of similar patients who don't have access to his many advantages.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's a pretty cynical read, don't you think? Her father is dying of cancer. She's just trying to say that it's rough on them. It is.

3. Neutral Corner

Did you read that twitter thread, Dick?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again, YankeeFan is relying on comparing shit Trump does to shit done by every Democrat ever and he still can't get the job done.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If we get to have a parade like the French do, do we get to have universal health care like them, too?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Was Macron throwing himself a parade?

Or was it a parade celebrating a historical event?

Like, say, Bastille Day?

Slacker, BadgerBeer and SnarkShark like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

alt-punk?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What’s stirred everything up? Is it all about Trumpism?
    It’s Trump and uneducated rednecks. Trump is just telling them what they want to hear. I used to hang out with him. He’s a crazy motherfucker. Limited mentally — a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him. I used to date Ivanka, you know.

Wait, really?
    Yes, sir. Twelve years ago. Tommy Hilfiger, who was working with my daughter Kidada, said, “Ivanka wants to have dinner with you.” I said, “No problem. She’s a fine motherfucker.” She had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. Wrong father, though.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html

He called her a "motherfucker" but did he mean...?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I will be all for the parade if someone convinces Trump he should lead the parade riding a horse -- a palomino, naturally. I'd buy a ticket to that.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Horse might not have any hooves by the day of the parade, though.

Trump insisted the horse be trained in vigorous workouts so that he could be delivered as soon as possible from Florida in racing shape.

But the workouts contributed to an unexpected outcome. The horse, wracked with a virus compounded by the training, became sick. According to Michael D’Antonio’s book The Truth About Trump, a veterinarian had to amputate Alibi’s front hooves to save him from death. The horse could no longer race, and when Trump found out, the businessman promptly backed out of the deal.

This story about Trump and a racehorse ends with an amputation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.