1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To nobody’s surprise, you’re wrong again. The FBI informed the White House and tbe White House chose to ignore it.

Sad.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Penetrated voter systems" . . . and did what?

Stories always leave that part out. Is there no reporter alive who knows how to ask a follow-up question? Or cares to?

"Copy desk? Official says Russians penetrated voter systems. Let's go with it!"

lakefront likes this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Used the voter data they gathered to help target their online disinformation and advertisement campaigns.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Certainly not the ones who wrote the Louis C.K. masturbation story, AIR.

8. Deskgrunt50

FFS. The point is that’s a big fuckin deal. And they can build on it. And I’ll this administration is not only impotent but accommodating.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

As someone who knows horse racing pretty extensively, this doesn't ring true.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Russians penetrated multiple states' voter registration rolls in the 2016 presidential election."

Unless I have my dates all screwed up, it seems to me the previous administration was impotent and accommodating.

And while we're at it, since 2018 is not a presidential election, and congress voted eleventy billion to one to impose sanctions, EXACTLY WHAT is the goal of meddling in midterms? Let's state the objective now, lest we try to rewrite the narrative to suit us when the results actually come in.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They definitely fucked up the immediate response. Which led to an asset for foreign ops now being in the Presidency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.