1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Hmm. I need an expert on expertise to keep track of when expertise is needed and when it isn't. You available?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's called a Custom Audience of Customers...it's the very most valuable targeting tool a FB advertiser has.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

<Must not give in to his specious baiting>
    Oh, hell, I can't help myself!

I'm sure they meant to say Obama Administration...

Trump administration holds off on new Russia sanctions, despite law

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

OK, seriously ... I want to hear from someone who might have actually accomplished something sometime ... suppose I have a list of registered voters in a precinct. What information is there? Name, address, whether they're registered as a Democrat/Repub/Independent/Whatever, whether they voted in a primary (and when) ... age? maybe email? maybe race?

How can I use that? Better yet ... how does knowing that make my targeting easier? More effective? Less costly?

I ask this because our job candidates of late have been doing all sorts of stuff with mining HUGE datasets to arrive at just this sort of thing ... "How do we hit this person with what we want to him him/her with?" ... and brute-force approaches have, without exception, been nearly as good ... and far less costly ... than the more sophisticated (i.e., data-availing) techniques.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How long are you folks stuck with this idiot?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. RickStain

Trump was targetting a very specific type of voter: Midwestern, white, registered to vote but a recent history of non-voting because of anti-establishment sentiment. He needed them to make up for the (disgustingly small) percentage of normally reliable Republicans who couldn't bring themselves to vote for him. Voter registration data helps find where those people are concentrated. And we know for a fact that Russian ad money spent on social media (and therefore almost certainly Russia troll operations) were heavily concentrated in a few counties where those types of voters were most numerous.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Shocked to see journalist Pamela Geller misquote the Canadian PM.

Shocked.

QYFW likes this.
  8. RickStain

Wow. You'd think you'd have learned your lesson by now.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I’m not a fan of Trudeau but as long as Trump is running things down there this question should not be asked of any other country.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Are you misreading me intentionally? You're usually not this dense.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. They're both badly drawn characters from an Austin Powers movie.

12. RickStain

The quote used to justify the racist article that Q couldn't wait to rebroadcast here:

“Islam is not incompatible with Western secular democracy.”

It's not only bigoted shitbaggery, it's *lying* bigoted shitbaggery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.