1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

So you’re admitting there’s full employment!

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ryan probably thinks that is a fine idea, too. I have no idea what the percentage is, but an awful lot of seniors would have to start eating cat food if it happened. There are virtually no pensions anymore, so it's Social Security and whatever savings they have keeping them afloat - and the savings rate in this country has been notoriously low for decades.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Why couldn’t they eat dog food?

4. Neutral Corner

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Do you think it’s a good idea for government to do things which promote personal savings?

6. Neutral Corner

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not sure "the government" is any more irresponsible than any other human enterprise.

That programs like Medicare and Social Security exist at all reflects pretty well on this society's interest in helping you and your children.

That these giant social programs need periodic readjustment over time is only logical, as populations change, and the nature of work changes.

Once the Baby Boomers age out of the system, things will get better and things will get worse and people will figure out new programs.

Some of them private, some of them public.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I hope your optimism is justified. I see two parties that spend like drunken sailors and figure they can’t ignore real reform forever.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I hope so too.

I want all of us to thrive.

If you give people the chance to do the right thing, most of them will, most of the time.

QYFW likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How does this guy not have his own TV show?

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.