1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If I had to choose a president, Donald Trump or anyone else I’ve ever known, I’d choose anyone else I’ve ever known.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's just being silly.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He doesn't have to think about it and doesn't. That's Mitch's job.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’d choose any regulars on SJ instead of Trump. Even YF!

melock and garrow like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF would be infinitely more conscientious at a minimum.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Wow. Don't ever bring up abortion again, killer. :confused:

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Has the Democratic House Intelligence memo been cleared for release yet?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How have I never heard this story before:

The Delaware Democrat first faced accusations of domestic abuse back in 1982 during his first run for Congress, but he called the accusation "without basis in fact" and prevailed in the election.

In a 1998 interview reported on late last year by the Washington Free Beacon, however, Carper admitted it was true all along.

"Did I slap my wife 20 years ago? Yes," Carper told Delaware reporter Celia Cohen. "Do I regret it? Yes. Would I do it again? No."

The story Carper initially called "totally false" was based on a 1981 court deposition that included Carper admitting to giving his now-deceased first wife "some discoloration of her left eye and some puffiness."

"I slapped Diane one time," Carper said in the deposition. "It was a stupid thing to do and I … regret it now. It caused some discoloration of her left eye and some puffiness."

Carper's office responded to a request for comment on the allegations against Porter by sending the statement he gave to the New York Times in December following the Washington Free Beacon‘s initial report on Carper's abuse, but said it would not comment on Porter.

In the statement, Carper again admitted he hit his first wife Diane, who he divorced shortly after the 1982 election.

"I have made many mistakes in my life and have always been willing to admit them," Carper said in the statement. "One of those mistakes took place 37 years ago when I slapped my then-wife, Diane, during a heated argument. It was wrong. I regretted it then and I still do today."

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is really worth watching:

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How have I never heard this story before?

Can we confirm that Trump can actually read?

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Especially if you can't spend more than 25 times the money everyone else in your neighborhood spends on security.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Even @Rainman ?

Jake_Taylor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.