1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

'I like that Nordberg guy, clean, honest, good cop, wouldn't hurt anyone.'

Vombatus likes this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

sleight ;)

yours would be perfect in reference to Trump's mitts...

doctorquant, YankeeFan, HC and 3 others like this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Had dinner in DC tonight. Talked to someone in the know about many things.

Jared Kushner is so...

1. Incredibly stupid.
    2. Incredibly fucked.

Going to be fascinating to see how Trump reacts when it all goes down. Could be awhile, still.

But it's coming.

Pete and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

All the current disinformation pushback is clear indication something big is on the way.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Dems sent a memo with actual classified info "daring" the WH to hold it up and making them look bad, or send something without any classified info figuring the WH would block it anyway and wanting to make them look bad.
    And I don't even think this might be in the top three of a bad week for Trump in his mind after hair, the stock decline, and the abusers he has one staff.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My understanding is that they wrote it and included all the stuff that Nunes, uh, forgot to include. You know, those pesky details that show that what he put out was sheer bullshit. There's enough detail that it may require some passages be blacked out... and that may be a handy excuse, because the Republicans are going to do everything they can to neuter it.

Yeah, Jared is meat. He has to know it, too. It can't be a comfortable existence, waiting for the axe to fall.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I love how the left wing is all incensed over the domestic violence accusation against members of th administration. It’s always easy to get incensed over violence against women when the perpetrator isn’t All Conference, All American or ProBowl bound. Jameis Winston, Greg Hardy, Ezekiel Elliot ... were persecuted for reasons other than violence, just like Porter and Sorensen.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I could see three or four pardons, FUs, and not bothering to run for reelection.

The guy is old. I still don't think he expected to win and was shocked shitless on Election Night. But, he's a President in on the job training mode. Maybe years 2, 3 and 4 will be better than the first.

But does he run in 2020 and risk losing and thus have a loss on his record, 1-1?

Or does he go out 1-0?

I'm thinking the latter.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

In the record book, ya know, 1-0 would be listed above 1-1. So it’s better.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Always better for the legacy not to run than to lose.

Edit: File beat me to it.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pretty big news.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In a war with like nine sides, shit happens.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.